MOVING organised an European Multi-Actor Platform (EU MAP) webinar on 8 November 2022, from 9.30 to 1.15 (CET), on European Quality schemes: the added value for mountain value chains.
The objectives of the webinar were;
- Find out more about MOVING project results and the EU MAP;
- Provide an update of the new EU quality policy, according to the EC legislative proposals;
- Inform about the implementation and added value of the EU quality schemes and the implications for mountain value chains;
- Enhance the exchange, learn and interact at the EU level on the application to mountain value chains.
Have a look at the agenda.
Presentations and recordings:
1. MOVING: first half of the project – progress and results, Mar Delgado (UCO)
2. MOVING Community of Practice and the EU Multi-Actor Platform, Miranda García (AEIDL)
3. New EU quality policy and the implications to mountain value chains, Branka Tome (DG AGRI – Unit F.3 Geographical Indications)
4. AREPO’s position and policy recommendations on the EC proposal on the revision of EU GIs, Francesca Alampi and Giulia Scaglioni (AREPO)
5. Implementation of the EU optional quality term “mountain product”, Guillaume Corradino (Euromontana)
6. Serra da Estrela PDO Cheese value chain, Catarina Esgalhado (University of Evora)
7. Alto-Molise Dairy value chain, Raiza Rocha (University of Molise)
8. Trento PDO Wine value chain, Ekaterina Kleshcheva (VINIDEA)
9. Sjenica lamb PDO value chain, Tamara Zivadinovic (MENA Group)
And if you want to learn more about this topic, check out these articles!
- The revision of the EU Geographical Indications system by Francesca Alampi (AREPO).
- Interview with Lukas Flinzberger (University of Göttingen) about Protected Designations of Origin and correlations with social-ecological landscape values.
- Farm certification schemes for sustainable agriculture: specifications for origin and quality of the final products by Blanca Casares (AEIDL).
- FAO guide to learn how to tailor the evaluation for the development and improvement of Geographical Indication by Giulia Scaglioni (AREPO).
Please, do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Miranda García) for further information.