Horizon 2020 projects
- SHERPA | Sustainable Hub to Engage into Rural Policies with Actors
SHERPA aims to gather knowledge that contributes to the formulation of recommendations for future policies relevant to EU rural areas, by creating a science-society-policy interface.
- DESIRA | Digitalisation: Economic and Social Impacts on Rural Areas
DESIRA aims to improve the capacity of society and political bodies to respond to the challenges that digitalisation generates in agriculture, forestry and rural areas.
- POLIRURAL | Future Oriented Collaborative Policy Development for Rural Areas and People
PoliRural aims to provide the needed knowledge by combining several key activities to design effective place-based, human-centric and forward-looking rural policies.
- LIAISON | Better Rural Innovation: Linking Actors, Instruments and Policies through Networks
LIAISON aims to help unlock the potential of “working in partnership for innovation” in agriculture, forestry and rural business.
- RURALIZATION | The opening of rural areas to renew rural generations, jobs and farms
RURALIZATION aims at triggering a process of ruralisation, that is, a development towards a new rural frontier where new generations find economic and social opportunities.
- RUBIZMO | Replicable business models for modern rural economies
RUBIZMO is a new European initiative working to discover the vital ingredients for developing entrepreneurship and successful business models in rural areas.
- NEWBIE | New Entrant netWork: Business models for Innovation, entrepreneurship and resilience in European agriculture
The NEWBIE network has been designed to address the significant challenge of enabling new entrants to successfully establish sustainable farm businesses in Europe.
PHUSICOS, meaning ‘According to nature’ in Greek, demonstrates how nature-based solutions (NBSs) provide robust, sustainable and cost-effective measures for reducing the risk of extreme weather events in rural mountain landscapes.
- MIDMACC Life project | Mid-mountain adaptation to climate change
MIDMACC aims to promote adaptation through the implementation and testing of different landscape management measures to meet climate change related challenges in marginal mid-mountain areas of Spain, while improving their socioeconomic development.
- OREKA MENDIAN Life project
OREKA MENDIAN aims to develop a preservation strategy in mountain pasture environments, beginning with maintaining its traditional use.
- MONTCLIMA Interreg SUDOE programme
The MONTCLIMA project will develop the first transnational strategic framework for prevention and management of natural hazards in mountain areas for the SUDOE territory.
- SCALABLE | Social-ecological pathways and gender perspectives for future conservation of biocultural mountain agro-ecosystem
SCALABLE’s project will identify how gender equity can promote pathways for the future conservation of mountain agricultural landscapes in the biocultural regions of the Sierra Nevada mountain range in southern Spain.
European Institutions and Agencies
Research Executive Agency – REA
Directorate General for Climate Action (European Commission)
Directorate General for Environment (European Commission)
Directorate General for Agriculture and Rural Development (European Commission)
Directorate General for Regional and Urban Policy (European Commission)
Intergroup on Rural, Mountainous and Remote Areas & Smart Villages– RUMRA (European Parliament)
Committee on Agriculture and Rural Development (European Parliament)
Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety (European Parliament)
Euromontana | European Association of Mountain Areas
ECOLISE | European network for community-led initiatives on climate change and sustainability
European Network for Rural Development (ENRD)
European Innovation Partnership for Agriculture (EIP-AGRI)
European Evaluation Helpdesk for Rural Development
Labex ITTEM | Innovations et Transitions territoriales en montagne
Institute for Alpine Environment – Eurac Research
Mountain Partnership (FAO)
United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
OECD – Regional, Rural and Urban Development