Author: Carla Lostrangio (AEIDL)
On 10th October, the European Week of Regions and Cities opens its virtual and physical doors to host four-days of discussions and networking dedicated to regions and cities. This year’s edition was built under the motto “New Challenges for Europe’s Cohesion” and it focuses on green and digital transitions, territorial cohesion and youth empowerment.
Mountain areas are at the core of attention of Europe’s Cohesion Policy. Indeed, under article 174 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union, the Cohesion Policy recognizes a special attention to mountains.
We have curated a full list of dedicated events that involve mountain regions, cities and communities. Have a look!
Tuesday 11 October
- Cross-border cooperation for climate action: the Pyrenean Climate Change Strategy in perspective
- Shrinking smartly and sustainably
Wednesday 12 October
- Territorial regeneration in the Alps: experiences and legacy towards a carbon-neutral
- Communicating about cohesion policy to citizens: approaches, channels and lessons learnt
- Resilient smart villages in times of crisis
- Attracting and retaining youth in the EU’s regions and cities
Thursday 13 October